I am sure that many of you have gone through some rough times in your life. It could be physically, financially, spiritually, and a host of other inconveniences. If we are not rooted and standing firm on the foundation of Jesus Christ, when the storms of life come near us, we can topple over in despair and discouragement.
The above verse in Ephesians is packed with promises, promises that I have overlooked. In breaking down this verse word by word, it has brought renewed hope into my life.
Here is the breakdown:
- Able – With God all things are possible
- We ask – we pray and make our petition known to the Lord. The word says that we do not have because we do not ask. James 4:2
- We think – We are to exercise our mind and dream about our promise and gifting. Have you ever thought, “Lord, what would it be like if I were living out my calling?” Dare to imagine and dream, and dream big!
- All- God does it all, complete. All is all. Period.
- Abundantly – God is a God of abundance, and He will supply all that you need according to His riches in glory Philippians 4:9
- Above – He will go far above than what you have imagined.
- Exceed – God will exceed your expectations.
- According to the power that works in us – that being the Holy Spirit. The more we yield to the Holy Spirit in our lives, the greater the fruit.
- Power- Dunamis power. This is where we get the word dynamite from.
- Fullness of Grace – we are no longer under the law, but under grace. Unmerited favor.
What I hear from the the pulpit often is ask, pray and believe. While this is correct, the “thinking” part is left out. If we are to use our imagination and thoughts to meditate upon our promises, our blessings and gifts, how the Lord is with us, that will cause faith and hope to rise up within us.
I confess, there have been times in the past where I have looked at the problem and not at the problem solver. My thinking is now geared toward a big and mighty God, and that makes the problem a whole lot smaller.
May you be richly blessed this day, and dare to think, and think big!